Assistant Professor, RMC ECE Department
Brian's research interests primarily reside in the areas of anomaly detection and various types of security assessments. Past and current graduate students and their research projects and undergraduate design projects are listed below.
Current Graduate Students
- Charlie Grimshaw - Host-Based Anomaly Detection with Graph Autoencoder
- Andrew Fryer (co-supervision with Dr. Tom Dean, Queen's University) - Vulnerability Discovery
- Labib Chowdhry (co-supervision with Dr. Tom Dean, Queen's University) - Vulnerability Discovery
- Rachael Machnee - IPMS Vulnerability Discovery, Binary Fuzzing
- Derek Klaver - Part-time, research focus TBD
- Emilie Coote - IPMS Host-Based Anomaly Detection
- Stephane Gagnon - Enterprise Host-Based Anomaly Detection
- Clint Legg (co-supervision with Dr. Roberge) - NWS FMS Security Architecture Assessment
- Alec Harlow (co-supervision with Dr. Roberge) - MIL-STD-1553B Anomaly Detection
- Joey Lord (co-supervision with Dr. Knight) - Defensive Cybersecurity Trainer for the Integrated Platform Management System
Past Graduate Students
- 2022, Taylor Perkins (co-supervision with Dr. Leblanc) - Data Handling Framework to Enable IPMS Anomaly Detection
- 2022, Patrick Cousineau - IPMS Vulnerability Discovery Through Network Protocol Fuzzing
- 2022, Dakotah Soucy - Feature Engineering for a MIL-STD-1553B LSTM Autoencoder Anomaly Detector
- 2021, Eddie O'Handley - Physical Layer Security of the ARINC 429 Data Bus Protocol
- 2020, Jon Timmins (co-supervision with Dr. Knight) - Offensive Cybersecurity Trainer for the Integrated Platform Management System
4th Year Design Projects
- 2020 - Bill Lai and Han Na Baik, Custom ELK Stack for Anomaly Detection leveraging Suricata and Zeek
- 2019 (co-supervision with Dr. Leblanc) - Cody Carter, Ryan Tsui and Connor Weeks, Instrusion Detecton System for NISRN
This web site is not an official publication of the Royal Military College of Canada nor of the Department of National Defence.
Ce site web n’est pas une publication officielle du Collège militaire royal du Canada ni du Ministère de la défense nationale.